To accelerate the ability to learn, our Fast ForWord software
develops critical brain processing efficiency in four key areas:
Fit Brains Learn English Better
Our Fast ForWord programs do what no other intervention can do:
it starts with cognitive skills like memory, attention and processing speed and
works from the bottom up, using the principles of neuroplasticity.
Fast ForWord Develops the Following 4 Cognitive Skills:
“It’s difficult to provide individualised attention with only one teacher and a class full of students. With this
technology, that corrective feedback is instant. It’s also individualized so students can proceed at their own pace.
That makes it a very powerful tool.
Memory is essential for word recognition, comprehension of complex sentences and remembering instructions.
Students work on exercises that develop both working and long-term memory including:
- Statements or questions in working memory while retrieving picture-concept associations from long-term memory.
- Long-term recall of vocabulary and grammatical structures.
In this exercise participants improve their ability to recognise spoken words by having them use auditory and visual-spatial working memory to locate matching syllables.
“Some children have made 3 levels of progress in their reading.” Luba Leadbetter, Moseley School,
- Fast ForWord improves concentration and the ability to focus attention and ignore distractions through highly demanding attention tasks.
- It also Improves attention by sustaining interest across multiple conversation and passage segments and questions.
- Fast ForWord strengthens auditory and linguistic processing rates so that students can distinguish sounds quickly enough to discriminate individual phonemes and understand words and sentences.
- In the context of reading processing rate refers to how quickly one can distinguish speech sounds and identify letters and words to create meaning.
- Develops sequencing by using word order to help determine precise meanings.
- Develops sequencing skills through exercises that require the use of word order to comprehend complex statements, follow multi-step instructions, and form appropriate responses to a specified sequence of actions..