Smart Learning / Artificial Intelligence
How Does SmartLearning Technology Improve the Fast ForWord Intervention Program?
- More engaging, more adaptive, and more motivating: students move more quickly through content they have mastered so they can focus on the skills they need most.
- Built-in interventions and help: the program now automatically helps students work through the most challenging exercises, freeing up teachers and coaches to do what they do best: teach.
- New reports and lesson plans: you’ll be able to pinpoint specific strengths/weaknesses in English language arts, and use new lesson plans that align to classroom instruction!
- Now addresses 5 domains of reading: now with Reading Assistant Plus included in all k-12 subscriptions, Fast ForWord’s 3-step approach covers all domains of reading (phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension).
New Fast ForWord Language and Reading Intervention
- 58 adaptive exercises that target memory, attention, processing, and sequencing skills
- Intensive practice in a wide range of phonics, phonemic awareness, grammar, vocabulary, morphology and reading comprehension skills
- Built-in pre- and post- assessment: Reading Progress Indicator (RPI)
- Comprehensive access to online guided reading tool (Reading Assistant Plus)
- 300+ guided reading passages at a range of reading levels, grades 1–12
- 175+ lesson plans that align to classroom instruction
- Interactive Word Wall activities that preteach academic vocabulary before each ebook passage
- Fluency reports with WCPM and before/after recordings of students reading text aloud
- New online MySciLEARN Help and Toolbox support resources
- Faster progression through content
- Enhanced student motivators: “streaks,” new student-facing reports, progress markers, etc.
- Additional guided reading selections added across genres
- Built-in interventions and direction instruction
- New reports to better pinpoint student skills in English Language Arts (pronouns, plurals, passive voice, etc.)